For this Day:

;

Warmth of Kindness

This morning on the bus, a young boy is with his dad. The child complains that he's cold.
Bus driver hears. Opens up a case and takes out a coat which has the Egged logo on the back.

 "Here," the driver says to the boy. "This is for you. It'll keep you warm."

 The father jokes with the driver: "That's very small for you," he says.

 "It's not for me, of course; I got it for my son," the driver replies, "but I can get another one; don't worry."

 The father is grateful. The kid is thrilled.

 "Sorry," says the father. "My wife normally takes care of the children in the morning, but she was tired today, so I took charge. I should have realized how cold it was this morning."

 The driver smiles: "No one is perfect. What I'll remember about today is not that you underdressed your kids, but that you took care of your wife."

~ David Jablinowitz


No comments: