For this Day:

;

Strongest can be the kindest

Around Christmas of 1980, my family took a trip to Los Angeles. As we drove along a street, I noticed a man driving a Rolls Royce, waving to all the people honking. He drove slowly. He looked graceful.

Long story short, we drove up alongside him in our little rental car (seriously) and asked for a photo. He pointed to a side street. And posed for photos with us with the utmost of patience.
Muhammad Ali taught me so much about humility that day. And that the strongest can be the kindest.

I write about this meeting and many more lessons in my new book The Everyday Hero Manifesto, yet I wanted to share this photo with you. To remind you of the power of decency, dignity and compassion for each other. I'm the one with the baseball cap. Yikes!
I promise you that The Everyday Manifesto (EHM) will be life-changing for you [if you practice the teachings in it step by tiny step until you generate a revolution of splendid results].

- Robin Sharma

No comments: