For this Day:

;

Sign My Petition



Change.org

Global Partnership for Education provides education funding for more than 60 of the world's poorest countries. Ask GPE to fund 12 years of free education for every girl anywhere in the world.

 
Dear Friend,
When I was shot by the Taliban for speaking publicly about the importance of a girl's education, they thought they had silenced me. But they were wrong.
Since that day, my voice has only grown stronger. And today, I am asking that you stand with me and support over 60 million of our sisters around the world who are deprived the opportunity of an education.
The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) receives funds from donor countries around the globe and supports the education plans of over 60 of the world's poorest nations. In December, the GPE Board of Directors will meet to agree whether its current mandate of raising money for basic education for girls is the right one or whether they should aim higher and commit to funding for education for every girl through secondary school, as in the new United Nations Sustainable Development Goals agreed by world leaders.
I am asking you to stand with me and our 60 million sisters around the world in asking the GPE to extend its mission and GPE partners to increase their funding to support 12 years of free primary and secondary education for every girl, no matter where they live.
Since the GPE is a major funder of education, providing funds to support 12 years of primary and secondary school would have a dramatic impact on the lives of millions of girls around the world. The time to act is now.
Thank you Mukunthan.
Malala Yousafzai
London, United Kingdom
 Sign my petition

No comments: